Elite San Diego-based commercial construction company is in immediate need for an experienced Project Engineer to assist with the enormous growth the company is enduring currently.
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of engineering project within the area of assigned responsibility: Plans and formulates engineering program and organizes project staff according to project requirements.
- Assigns project personnel to specific phases or aspects of the project, such as technical studies, product design, preparation of specifications and technical plans, and product testing, in accordance with engineering disciplines of staff.
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinates activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
- Directs integration of technical activities and products.
- Evaluates and approves design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
Project Engineer Job Duties:
- Assists Superintendent with analyzing and resolving field construction issues
- Solicits and qualifies subcontractor proposals to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Prepares reviews and distributes RFI’s and maintains logs
- Evaluates submittals and shop drawings to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Develops and maintains schedule with Superintendent and Project Manager
- Maintains thorough understanding of contract documents and specifications
- Assists Project Manager with project budgets and change orders
- Manages project closeout and obtain all warranties required for final acceptance
- Maintains effective and professional relationships with owners, architects, engineers, and contractors
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent required
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Project
- Experience with BIM or Revit and LEED Accreditation a plus
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a teamwork and positive attitude
- 3-4 years experience in similar role required
- Construction: 2-4 years