One of our country’s leading plastics manufacturers is in need of some Shipping & Receiving Clerks immediately at their San Marcos, CA location.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with Quality Control to ensure incoming finished goods and purchased production parts are qualified before being released for sale or use in manufacturing.
- Fills out production order requests for Work In Process (WIP) parts, resin, and purchased production parts. Prepares required paperwork for shipment of finished goods, parts, and related items. Sorts, packs, and ships all orders.
- Inputs status of finished goods, purchased production parts, resins, and Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) orders in JD Edwards. Receives finish goods using the receiving system, places products in the correct warehouse locations, and replenishes empty forward pick locations.
- Follows all Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) procedures.
- Conducts daily inspections of forklifts and electric pallet jacks.
- Uses Warehouse Management System (WMS) and JD Edwards to track orders and obtain other pertinent information as needed.
- Creates interplant transfer orders, packing lists, and invoices for WIP parts, resin, and purchased production parts. Verifies items to be shipped against pick tickets to ensure shipping accuracy.
- Stages and loads trailers and containers. Prepares large truck and international orders to make sure they are palletized and loaded correctly into trailers and containers of specific sizes.
- Picks up and delivers finished goods from and to various locations within the company campus. Delivers MRO orders to different departments.
- Assists Distribution Center Supervisors in maintaining necessary levels of shipping supplies.
- May be required to work overtime when necessary.
Qualifications & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year (1) of general warehouse or shipping experience.
- Ability to walk intermittently throughout the shift to move throughout the work area. Ability to climb stairs to gain access to the upper-level work area.
- Ability to bend and crouch to move boxes to and from warehouse shelves, pallets and other storage areas.
- Ability to lift and carry boxes (weighing up to 70 pounds).
- Ability to push and pull with the arms and body to use a hydraulic pallet jack and two-wheeled dolly. Ability to push and pull with the arms upon levers and push with the feet upon foot pedals to operate a fork-lift.
- Ability to climb ladders to gain access to high warehouse shelves.
- Manual dexterity and vision are sufficient to perform essential job functions.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to use a writing utensil to complete paperwork activities and to use a computer.
- A warehouse environment with concrete floors and no temperature controls. Exposure to seasonal climate.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment when required.