San Marcos, CA
Job Ref – 13801698
GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs the nursing process through individualized assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of psychiatric-mental health care needs of the residents. Work in collaboration with Consulting Psychiatrist, Clinical and Treatment Teams. Collaborate with Residential Services staff to provide quality, comprehensive and continuous personalized psychiatric and medical care for all residents, ensuring documentation is maintained according to regulatory requirements. Utilizes the nursing process and critical thinking approach to provide care that incorporates the mind, body, and spirit; is individualized, goal directed, and consistent with current standards of safety.
- Licensing (CCL), which typically includes clearance by FBI, DOJ and CACI.
- Current CA Licensed BSN or MSN with Board certification in psychiatric nursing preferred.
- Minimum two years psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with health care needs in a residential setting.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of general psychiatric and pediatric nursing. Experience with pregnant and parenting youth preferred.
- Knowledge of developmental needs of youth ages 0-18 years and developmental stages.
- Experience providing crisis intervention with pediatric/adolescent population.
- Knowledge of psychotropic and general medications and effects on children.
- Experience working with MediCal, Community Care Licensing (CCL), The Joint Commission, and the Health and Human Service Agency system of care preferred.
- Must have the physical ability to participate in activities and perform related physical skills, including, but not limited to, crouching, lifting 50 pounds, crawling on hands and knees, and walking up and down stairs.
- Ability to comply with all employment requirements including, but not limited to CPR/Pediatric 1st Aid, physical, TB and drug screen clearance, clear DMV record and approval from insurance carrier to drive agency vehicles. Must provide proof of immunization against influenza, pertussis, and measles.