Care Coordinator – Part Time
Winter Park, FL
Job Ref – 12147557
This is a temp to hire, part time opporuntiy with a top notch home health care company based out of Winter Park, FL.
Immediate opportunity for a progressive’s, fast growing organization, great company culture and opportunity to enhance and grow you career.
Our client is a leading Home Care Organization located in the Winter Park and Orlando areas. They are in immediate need of a Care Coordinator who will engage, refer, and function as the liaison for the independent professional
Caregivers who provide services for their clients under the consumer-directed model for personal care. A Care Coordinator performs work in the functional areas of client relationship management, client/caregiver matching, marketing, and legal and regulatory compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct telephone inquiries with new or potential clients
- Maintain appropriate follow up with potential clients
- Schedule and conduct initial home visits with new or potential clients to explain services and/or obtain a signed service agreement
- Knowledge of the applicable state laws governing the type of care that a caregiver can lawfully provide based on the Caregiver’s licensure or certification
- Perform client and caregiver matching based on respective attributes and requirements.
- Ensure and maintain client files according to state regulations
- Ensure on-going client satisfaction with referred caregiver(s)
- Must handle on-call duties on a rotating basis and as needed by the office
- Responsible for accurately tracking mileage and expenses for monthly submission and reimbursement according to GHC policies.
- Participate in company sponsored events.
- Weekend or evening hours may be required.
- Perform additional duties as required by office.
- Nurturing ability (caring, empathetic, compassionate)
- Articulate, with strong verbal and written skills, pleasant phone manner
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Creative problem solving skills
- Organized and detail oriented; good documentation skills.
- Flexible; able to multi-task and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Team player
- Positive attitude; dedicated to the mission
- Proactive; willing to take initiative and follow through
- Capable of performing job functions free from immediate direction or supervision
- Capable of exercising discretion and independent judgment in the performance of job functions
- Must possess excellent computer skills, proficient with Microsoft office
Educational Background/Knowledge/Prior Experience
- Human services background or strong desire to help others
- BA/BS related field is a plus