Director of Package Technology
San Jose, CA
This position is responsible for leading the Package and Assembly engineering function for the company. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, this role will be working with internal engineering and operations groups as well as suppliers (OSATs, Equipment and Material’s manufacturers) to define and deliver enabling innovative package technology. In addition, the individual will also ensure high volume manufacturing is optimized for cost, production efficiency and supply chain continuity.
What your typical workday looks like:
- Work with internal and external partners to define and execute package technology roadmap for the company
- Provide leadership and oversight for global packaging and assembly engineering groups for both R&D and sustaining functions
- Help define and execute resilient multi-sourcing packaging technology to ensure best in class customer support
- Lead the design of proprietary packaging solutions to support our portfolio of products and ensure best in class electrical, mechanical, thermal and cost performance
- Define and deploy best practices across teams (Development flow, time to market improvement, first pass success, cross functional team relationship)
- Establish new and maintain existing strategic relationships with suppliers – OSATs, Equipment manufacturers, materials manufacturer etc. to ensure
- Track industry trends and developments and ensure alignment of long-range plans
- Concisely and effectively communicate strategic and tactical execution status to executive management and cross functional teams
What you need:
- BS/MS in Engineering discipline
- At least ten years of semiconductor assembly package engineering experience with at least five years of senior management experience.
- Experience with project management tools, AutoCAD software, and MS office.
- Should be familiar with finite element analysis software and thermal measurement systems.
- Prior experience managing global footprint and knowledge of materials science is a plus.