- To assure the thermoformed is set up in jobs
- Make sure operators have clocked into each job
- Make sure operator has machine list with job traveler and secondary work
- Ensure first article of inspections has been approved by supervisor
- Make sure job is run efficient and correctly
- Make sure jobs are moved daily on the board next to workstations
- Make sure molds are returned to original location, when jobs are completed make sure shipping is notified and count is correct to order.
- Make sure the jobs are accounted for accurately in the computer system
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project number of contacts to be made
- Addresses and resolves customer service inquiries, requests and complaints.
- At least 5 years’ experience running a thick gauge thermoformed
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and reasoning skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to have deep business discussions with customers
- Technically oriented and computer literate
- Desire to win and produce results
- Demonstrated leadership/managerial potential
- Competitive salary $15 to $20 (depending on experience)
- Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
- Weekly pay
- One week of Vacation
- 8 Holidays Days Off
To apply for this job please visit USAStaffing.myavionte.com.