Machine Operator (2nd Shift)
San Marcos, CA
Job Ref – 12346148
Our top client, which is a leading plastic manufacturer in the country, is in immediate need of an entry-level Machine Operator to work the 2nd shift (3p – 11:30p). Please read through the details of the job description and if you feel that it fits you, please click Apply and send along your resume.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates assigned machines to meet production schedules. Identifies and makes necessary adjustments to machines to maintain efficiency and quality standards.
- Performs inspections and functional testing to determine the quality of assemblies or subassemblies. Participates in real time quality analysis toward continuous quality process improvement. Performs and reports root cause failure analysis on product failing functional test.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem solving within the manufacturing process.
- Coordinates with Maintenance team when problems and/or machine errors occur. Provides detailed communication of problems to appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
- Performs data collection and data entry.
- Complies with good housekeeping practices and maintains a clean and safe work environment. Cleans assigned machines as directed. During cleanup activities, looks for indications of machine problems and notifies appropriate personnel of findings.
- Adheres to all company and departmental safety procedures including the use of personal protective equipment when necessary. Does not operate machinery when guarding is not in place.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Entry level position requires no previous automation or manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- English Language – Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to comprehend work instructions.
- Computer skills – Requires ability to perform data entry, view electronic procedures, or pass training courses.
- Cooperation – Requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Mechanical Knowledge – Understanding of machines and tools, including their uses and maintenance.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems – Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Attention to Detail – Requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of and ability to use arithmetic.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Ability to stand and walk during the shift to coordinate assembly activities.
- Ability to climb stairs to gain access to upper level work area.
- Ability to sit on a minimal basis to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to apply up to 80 pounds of pull-force and 50 pounds of push-force to move objects with a hydraulic pallet jack.
- Ability to work in a variety of positions (bending, kneeling, crouching) to gain access to areas on machines.
- Ability to walk a minimum of half a mile when needed to move between buildings where assembly is conducted.
- Ability to repetitively grasp objects with both hands during the scheduled shift.
- Finger dexterity sufficient to perform fine motor tasks.
- Vision sufficient to perform essential job functions.
- Hearing sufficient to hear audible alarms or communicate with individuals in person and by telephone.