Job Ref – 13954568
Everest Recruiting is seeking an experienced Machinist in Clermont, FL. Great opportunity for an amazing company!
Essential Job Functions/Tasks:
- Reads and interprets mechanical drawings, and produces, repairs and re-works general parts.
- Performs assigned work directly for engineers and technicians.
- Determines best methods and resources for machining components to meet required deadlines.
- Performs quality assurance on all work using precision measuring instruments and devices.
Other Job Functions:
Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
Hunter Industries’ approach to the health and safety of each employee is based on adherence to our Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Every employee is responsible for their safety and must work safely at all times. Employees are to immediately report all unsafe or hazardous conditions, including injuries and near misses to their Supervisor, Environmental Health & Safety Department, or Workers’ Compensation Manager. Those employees who do not comply with safe work practices may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
High school diploma or equivalent education.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing and tooling shop environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
- Strong understanding and proficiency in use of machines and equipment used in tool shop.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to comprehend work instructions.
- Understanding of machines and tools, including their uses and maintenance.
- Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate professional behavior.
- Must be reliable, responsible, dependable, and able to fulfill obligations.
- Very strong attention to detail and thoroughness in completion of work tasks.
- Ability to perform data entry, view electronic procedures, and complete training courses using a computer.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and work through challenges.
- Ability to use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines.
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, and processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Ability to accurately perform intermediate mathematical and statistical calculations and to use a weight counting scale.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with members across the organization.
Regularly required to stand; to use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms.
Frequently required to walk; to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and to talk or hear.
Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance.
Regularly required to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 70 pounds.
Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Finger dexterity sufficient to use standard measuring equipment and a computer.
Visual acuity sufficient to use standard measuring equipment and a computer, and to read written material.
Hearing sufficient to communicate with other employees in person and by telephone.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, odors and fumes, and airborne particles.
Frequently exposed to vibration.
Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, and risk of static electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require PPE.