Material Handler, Shipping & Receiving
San Diego, CA
Job Ref – 12626266
One of the leading electrical distribution companies in our country is in immediate need of some Material Handlers for their location in San Diego, CA. Please read through the job description and if you feel you have the necessary qualifications, please submit your resume asap. Our client is looking to interview and hire applicants immediately.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Order Picking
- Use of handheld scanner for inventory
- Transfer materials
- Loads and unloads delivery trucks
- Labels product appropriately and moves product to an inventory location.
- Utilizes a formal location system, to deliver palletized parts to the appropriate storage location.
- Re-stocks appropriate storage location ensuring that FIFO (first in, first out) is maintained for proper stock rotation.
- Audits storage location for molded and vendor-supplied parts to ensure that parts are stored in the proper locations.
- Prepares and coordinates shipments
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Maintains work area in clean and orderly condition.
- Assists in training new warehouse personnel.
- Overtime may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of six months of experience in a similar environment, or equivalent training within a manufacturing environment.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and the ability to comprehend work instructions.
- Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate professional behavior.
- Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Ability to perform data entry, view electronic procedures, or pass training courses.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Ability to use either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes.
- Ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Knowledge of and ability to use arithmetic. Must be able to accurately perform intermediate mathematical and statistical calculations and use a weight counting scale.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in cycle counting and conducting physical inventories.
- Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
- Regularly lift, push, pull and/or move up to 52 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.