The Arango & Associates team has more than 50 years of executive search experience in connecting the brightest talent to leadership level opportunities. Our client is seeking a qualified OSHPD Senior Superintendent to be responsible for the Public Works OSHPD Health Care construction projects on a medical campus; these projects consist of make-ready and renovation work, specifically, included are seismic retrofitting existing structures, constructing a new UG utility services loop to re-feed buildings on campus, and demolishing an existing patient tower. This position is responsible to ensure the multi-prime subcontractors prosecute the work in a safe manner, complete the work in a timely fashion, coordinate prime subcontractors to avoid conflict, resolve field problems collaboratively with stakeholders, and hold a primary role in performing a Quality Assurance (QA) work role during all phases of operations. This Superintendent may be solely responsible for a segment (or more) of the project and have a Field/Project Engineer reporting to them.
What your typical workday looks like:
- Assist in ensuring critical path activities and milestones are completed in accordance with the construction schedule
- Assist in subcontracts/purchase orders
- Assist in coordinating, implementing and monitoring the Project Engineer’s training and development
- Provide administrative support for the Project Superintendent and leadership to project staff
- Bear primary responsibility in implementing the project’s QA tasks, and coordinating the QC work
- Maintain accurate daily reports on manpower, and reporting on critical and concurrent task activities
- Track, review and process change proposal requests, change orders and claims
- Take the lead and be the driver on resolving urgent field problems by coordinating with field staff including the A/E
- Implement all applicable safety and Hospital policies applicable to construction
- Implement fully dust and containment controls on interior renovation work.
- Take manometer readings and dust counter readings.
- Ensure timely delivery of materials to the project site, and coordinate deliveries as space is limited onsite
- Implement/perform all tasks required to enforce the SWPPP
- Ensure the IOR his deputies have all project documents such as approved submittals, approved deferred submittals, RFIs, Instruction Bulletins, Clarification Documents, etc. as soon as they are received.
- Issue three week look ahead schedule every week.
- Maintain Superintendent staff construction documents are up to date and posted o Lead safety meetings, toolbox/tail gate talks and document
- Exerts control to maintain a clean and accident-free jobsite
- Assist in preparation/execution of project closeout process, especially OSHPD close-out documents such as chlorination reports, engineer stamped air balance report, FA testing, etc. are gathered at project end.
Skills & Qualifications
- 7 years experience with construction projects is required in a supervisory role, running the field
- 5 years of OSHPD Health Care (OSHPD 1 Projects) experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required, or equivalent working experience
- Experience Bearing primary responsibility in implementing the project’s QA tasks, and coordinating the QC work
- Experience building relationships with the IOR, OSHPD Inspectors, deputy Inspectors, owners and managing field staff
- General knowledge of construction principles/processes required
- Experience with Construction Management at-risk, and self-perform work required
- OSHA 30 Trained
- Proven commitment to safety
- Self-motivated Occasionally pull or lift 5-25 lbs.