The Arango & Associates team has more than 50 years of executive search experience in connecting the brightest talent to leadership level opportunities. Our client is seeking a qualified Pre-Construction Manager to prepare bid cost packages, conceptual estimates, analysis of subcontractor bids, etc., for projects of medium size and complexity of total bid price for General Contracting and CM at Risk scope of work. Interfaces with owner, A/E’s and contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project. Perform all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the company’s values and beliefs.
What your typical workday looks like:
- Accurately calculate preconstruction/estimating statistical data, including quantity takeoffs, material price lists, labor costs per man-hour, equipment, etc.
- Develop in-house estimate prior to bid review to confirm or negate the Owner and/or Engineer’s estimate, if any.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Perform detailed bid review with cost and scope of work at 50%, 75% and final prior to submission to client.
- Employs estimating/preconstruction software with a high degree of proficiency.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Develop subcontractor/vendor lists and solicit their participation in the preconstruction efforts.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Works with Operations production coaches in developing strategies for constructability/means/methods analysis.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support operations department as required; may include preparing estimates in other disciplines and assistance in work scope and buy-out.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
- Participate in post construction meetings where PM team provide feedback to Preconstruction of subcontractor performance, miss-scope items and performance duration.
Skills & Qualifications
- Educational and experience requirements include a 4-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or experience.
- Three to 7 years of estimating, controls and/or construction/engineering experience related to similar facility construction.
- Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.
- Good knowledge of department’s computer systems and software, local and national codes, and regulations.