Job Ref – 14155430
A Support Manager is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations with our Support Team and has the skill set of a Tier 3 Technician. They will be managing primarily Tier 1 and 2 Technicians but also serving as an escalation point for Tier 3 Technicians. The Support Manager is responsible for guiding and directing our Team environment towards continued success.
- Generate and review reports on a daily basis to recognize trends, frequent issues, and prevent issues before they start.
- Review and ensure tickets are accurate and comment on tickets daily.
- Review customer phone calls with technicians on a regular basis for Quality Assurance.
- Maintain familiarity with tickets currently opened with Vendors and Carriers.
- Assist with employee reviews and continued employee development.
- Provide continued training for our Tier 1-3 Technicians, using existing training material and by adding to our training material.
- Serve as the primary escalation point from Tier 1-3 technicians, resolving some issues on your own and some issues with higher-tiered technicians.
- Write internal and external documentation, and recommend updates to existing documentation.
Requirement for applicants
- MUST possess a strong understanding and ability to troubleshoot SIP and RTP.
- MUST be able to read SIP Call Traces or Packet Captures quickly and easily.
- Experience working with the SIP RFC and related RFC’s is desired.
- 3+ years of VoIP Experience in a Cloud Hosted environment.
- Netsapiens Experience is a plus.
- Must have experience working with Commercial Networks: WAN, LAN, DNS, UDP, TCP, VLAN, Subnetting, DHCP.
- Must have experience working in Wireshark, Linux, and SQL and demonstrate a strong understanding of each.
- Possess an understanding of APIs and the basics of programming.
- Must possess the ability to solve complex issues while providing detailed information to our customers and our Engineering team with minimal guidance.
- Previous experience as a higher-tiered Technician or Manager in a similar environment.
- Previous work experience with automatic configuration of VoIP Phones such as Yealink, Polycom, Grandstream or Cisco.