Warehouse Logistics Manager – Williamsburg FL
Everest Recruiting is looking to employ an efficient and hard-working Warehouse Logistics Manager to conduct activities according to established job guidelines. The Warehouse Logistics Manager responsibilities include but not limited to, reporting any broken, damaged, or malfunctioning Warehouse Logistics Manager equipment to management, taking inventory, and ensuring that fragile merchandise is suitably packed to prevent damage during transit. You should also be able to perform basic cleaning duties to keep the warehouse tidy.
To be successful as a Warehouse Logistics Manager, you should be detail-oriented, adept at operating forklifts, and able to stand for extended periods. Ultimately, an outstanding Warehouse Logistics Manager should adhere to all warehouse safety practices as well as demonstrate exceptional organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Signing for shipments upon receipt and verifying that the correct merchandise has been received.
- Thoroughly inspecting merchandise for any damages and discrepancies.
- Maintaining an accurate record of all merchandise received and distributed.
- Contacting suppliers or distributors to resolve any shipment or delivery issues.
- Using forklifts, hand carts, or pallet jacks to load, unload, move, stack, and arrange merchandise accordingly.
- Strategically storing merchandise to maximize storage space within the warehouse
- Weighing merchandise and selecting appropriate envelopes, boxes, containers, or crates in which to pack merchandise
- Promptly processing distribution orders or requests, which includes retrieving specified merchandise from storage as well as packing, sealing, and labeling merchandise accordingly.
Warehouse Logistics Manager Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A valid forklift license.
- Proven experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications as well as warehouse management software.
- The ability to safely operate warehouse machinery and equipment.
- The ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.