A La Carte Staffing in Construction Jobs
A Flexible Staffing Solution for Your Construction Company
Flexibility of hiring for construction jobs is required to market needs, even more so in 2021 as the pandemic surfaced further challenges for the construction industry.
In a recent report by PwC, the effects the pandemic has had on construction staffing include:
- Financial impact 71%
- Potential global recession 64%
- Decrease in consumer confidence reducing consumption by 40%
Consequently, you must manage your staffing levels to respond to rapid changes and evolving business needs.
In this article, you’ll learn how a more flexible approach to staffing in construction can help you deliver better outcomes and be a more sustainable business.
Choose Your Hiring Option Without Being Locked In
With the uncertainty of the outcome of this pandemic, it’s crucial that businesses can adjust their staffing through fluctuating levels of demand. This will help to ensure no finances are wasted and workforces are efficiently supported.
To do this, you should use different hiring strategies for different needs. Here at Everest, we offer a range of hiring options that provide an effective solution to flexible construction staffing.
Permanent Direct Hire
By using a specialist staffing agency to fulfil your permanent workforce, you’re eliminating the costly and time-consuming resources of hiring. We alleviate your business from the laborious hiring process of:
- Screening applicants’ resumes
- Checking certifications, licenses, and referrals
- Employment paperwork
We’ll ensure a good match between you and candidates with our search capabilities and nurtured talent pipeline, so that you can continue working at full capacity.
Hiring the wrong candidate can be a costly mistake to businesses – a mistake that your company will want to avoid.
Staffing your construction jobs with contract-to-hire employees is a highly advantageous solution that allows you to test a candidate’s skills, abilities, work ethic, and cultural compatibility before you commit to hiring them permanently.
While a candidate is on contract, they are employed by us. With an agreement on how:
- the candidate’s performance is evaluated;
- how long they’ll be on contract terms;
- and how they may transition over to permanent employment,
You will then benefit from a new, tried-and-tested, and happy permanent addition to your workforce.
It’s crucial that you support your permanent workforce with adequate staffing levels, to avoid burnout, absence, and disengagement, and ensure you’re meeting client demands and expectations.
Hiring temporary employees into construction jobs resolves the financial complications and burden of hiring permanent staff, while also maximizing your workforce.
Such circumstances when temporary employees are best utilized include:
- Specific projects
- Leave of absence
- Predicted seasonal needs
- Unforeseen workloads
- Other limited-term needs
Temporary employees are employed by us, the staffing agency. So, when demand no longer justifies their position with you, you can cost-effectively scale down your staffing, while our temporary candidates go on to enjoy other opportunities elsewhere.
Recruiting as a Service (RaaS) is a cost-effective extension to your recruiting team. This alternative hiring solution:
- Increases your pool of skilled candidates
- Offloads the function of the front-end recruitment cycle
RaaS is a highly effective hiring solution that reduces the expense of traditional hiring through agencies. We can fulfil all staffing requirements ranging from entry-level, to mid and senior management and beyond. The benefits include:
- Market-level salary knowledge and advice
- Flexible recruiting options
- Dedicated liaison between both candidate and client
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Reduced recruiting costs
- Scalable solutions
- Reduced candidate submission time
- Dedicated and personalized resources
- Access to an enriched talent pool
Extra Help for Your Own Hiring Team
We’re not here just to support you in searching for the right candidates. In some instances, you may already have fruitful leads and a healthy flow of new candidates. With the seemingly right individuals in line, we can ensure each candidate is adequately vetted with pre-employment screening before joining your workforce. We will:
- Investigate backgrounds
- Verify accuracy of qualification and employment claims
- Unveil criminal activity
- Identify previous employer sanctions or compensation claims
To fully protect your construction business and workforce, ensure professional pre-employment screening is executed before employing.
Your Flexible Construction Staffing Solution
Your construction workforce is on the frontline of your business in the fight to survive and thrive in the face of a pandemic. You must enable them to work effectively with strong yet flexible staffing levels, without hindering finances, and securing a future for your organization.
With the use of:
- Permanent direct hire
- Temporary hire
- Pre-employment screening,you ensure your hiring efforts are maximized with the right staffing solutions, and protected with adequate checks. A specialist staffing agency as your right-hand recruitment advisor and provider will ensure you are in a highly advantageous position against your competitors, and will help you to emerge stronger in 2021 and beyond.
Contact Everest Recruitment for the ultimate construction staffing solution in today’s turbulent world.